Monday, April 30, 2007

Kidz in the Hall

As promised, I will be writing sporadically, and I do mean that in the true sense of the word, like, before lunch, on a Monday, in the margin of an excel spreadsheet. In any event, I'm ranting today in defense of a recent hip hop album, School Was My Hustle by Kidz in the Hall.

The critics have really given these guys a hard way to go (rather unfairly I might add). Here's the skinny: the group has two members-- Naledge, the poignant lyricist and Double O, a gifted beat-maker. This new duo met in class at the University of Pennsylvania (yeah, I said it) and have been making good music ever since.

Expect an Ivy League meets Chi-town sound with a New York state of mind. Slightly cocky but very introspective, this album is everything you could hope for from a Freshman act. "Wheelz Fall Off," a mellow joint reminiscent of "93 Til Infinity" is the group's first real single and a notable song, period. Check it out here at http://www.myspace.com/kidzinthehall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yah son! i checked out the music video with you and it was pretty sweet! im glad you have a blog to post on at random times of work!!! gives me something to do while i sit at home being a grad! only 4 more miles until in the words of a great Johnny Chase "VICTORY"!!!!!

RENEEEEEEEEE